The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live Event Production Macro Needed!
Is there a mouse macro program out there that will trigger a macro via external, USB input?
Please help my very sanity depends on finding a solution!!!

Ok here's the scenerio. I'm doing a corprate tour where I have two trucks on dynomometers that run 1/4 mile drag races every two minutes for eight hours. I'm the A/V guy. I have a 16' LED screen that shows a logo and commercials, then during the race I show the telemetry from each truck on the screen. I'm using a computer program that allows me to store and recall screen layouts. All day, every day, I hear on the radio "go for lights" at which time I click on Preset 1. A 1/4 mile drag race begins. 60 seconds later, I click Preset 2 which takes the screen to logo. I'm faced with clicking a mouse 440 times for 9 days straight on an upcoming gig and was wondering if there was anyway to automate these events. The caveat is that the primary event needs to be triggered by outside input, probably the drag race xmas lights. I can use a voltage sensor from the drag race x-mas lights, a photo sensor, amp probe or other such sensors, but I haven't come up with a computer macro program that will allow outside triggering. I need some sort of USB device that will trigger the macro to begin when the race starts.

Here is the challenge to save my sanity:
The screen begins in Logo or Preset 2.
The xmas lights trigger the switch (some USB device attached to a voltage, photo or other sensor) which changes the screen to Show or Preset 1.
After 60sec, I change the screen back to Logo or Preset 2.
A manual override feature would also be nice just in case there is a botched run.
As for the mouse macro idea, I've seen one program that will trigger an event from a pixel color change. I could make that happen with a pcb camera on the red light sent to a video to usb capture module and put the open window in the background. This just seems a bit kludgy.
Any ideas? I'd love to hear them.
Thanks for your help.
xiansam@gmail.com

Messages In This Thread