rep
int q
str s.getwintext(win(information here)
out s
if s="if the window text says this then do the following"
q+1
if q=2
mac "Function"

ok i need some help... i tried to explain what i need inside of this macro if you can help me please do
maybe this'll help

Code:
Copy      Help
spe 10
rep 10
,int q
,;str s.getwintext(win(information here)
,str s.getwintext(win("Quick Macros :: View topic - str s.getwintext question - Mozilla Firefox" "MozillaUIWindowClass"))
,out s
,if s="Quick Macros :: View topic - str s.getwintext question - Mozilla Firefox"
,,q+1
,,if q=2
,,,bee;;just giving the "if" to do something
,,,;mac "Function"
,1;;just waits for a second
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
thank oyu i htink this will help but just to get to the basic point of my question is there a way to use s.getwintext to get a certain window text?
yes you just have to tell it what window.
for example this gets me the title no matter what tab in ff i have up.

Code:
Copy      Help
str a.getwintext(win("" "MozillaUIWindowClass"))
out a

The Macro Hook
ok thank you now i get it ... also i would like to know is there a way to get the window text of whats inside of an id?
hmmmmm.....that im not sure about....check out the "Windows, control" menu for possible ways of doing that. i just used the "Window/Control Actions" and "GetWinText" option to get te info i sent you.

The Macro Hook
umm where is that information located? inside qm where?
the menu is called "window, control"

The Macro Hook
ok i have another question and its on a similar thing... is there any way i can fix this
,,_s="Function Here"; _s.setwintext

i want to encrypt my macro but i want where it says "Function Here" to be adjustable by other people. i tried without the parentheses and with parentheses and it wouldnt work so i was wondering if there was any other way to do this whether is being a new code or fixing an error ive made in this one.