Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"End hot-key" not working for executable?
I'm perhaps not understanding what the "End hot-key" can do when I run an exe made from my macro useing "Make exe". I have tried entering many key combinations at the time that I make the exe file, but when I run it, the keystrokes are mingled with whatever keystrokes the macro istself is executing and the result is at best "nothing happens" and at worst, I get unlucky and the random keystrokes that result from the two sources can create a monster that has wreaked havoc in my attempts to make it work.

The macro that I am running IS a macro, (though it calls functions). I understand that if the end hot-key is associated with the main macro, that any functions called by it will also be stopped, but maybe I'm wrong.

I know that the end-hot key cannot be a sequence recognized by the othe running programs (which are Word 2003 and Excel 2003) so I tried some obscure ones like Alt-Ctrl-Shift-F12, Alt-Ctrl-Shift-Spacebar, Alt-Ctrl-F12 but they all do the same thing... Any suggestions?

Craig
There ought to be a law that limits the number of laws!
never mind, I can see that it is easier to create a shutdown macro and keep it handy on the desktop to double click. I DO see that the End Hot Key does work but indeed must be VERY judiciously used in the even that ANY keystroke can interact with the active macro and and/or its target applications

Craig
There ought to be a law that limits the number of laws!
Yes, "End hot-key" with modifiers should not be used if the macro-exe uses key. Use for example one of F2-F11 keys, without modifiers.