Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is there a way to lable 2 windows
is there a way to lable 2 windows so i can run 1 function on window a and run another function on window b
Assume windows are identical (same name and class). Get window A handle, hide it, get window B handle, unhide A. Then use handles instead of window names.

Code:
Copy      Help
spe
int w1 w2
w1=win("Calculator")
hid w1
w2=win("Calculator")
hid- w1

out w1
out w2
ty for your fast response sorry i was sick couldnt get back on here ok so now it lables the window so would i put that in function i want to put a toolbar on both windows and lets say the calc widow ok and on clac window 1 i want it to run function1 or 2 what ever i tell it on the tool bar and on the other i want it to run the same 1 or maybe the other function so you did help me i will be glad to read about it in the help section if you can point me in the right deriction or if you could help me a bit more into understanding this i would be greatful

tyvm your great
Toolbar owner window probably will be active when you click toolbar button. To identify active window, use win. For example, to resize it, can be used siz 100 100 win. Also, with many commands, if window is omitted, is used active window. For example, this also will work: siz 100 100. If the window is deactivated while the function runs, at the beginning store its handle into a variable and later use that variable:

int handle=win
siz 100 100 handle

Alternatively, you can get toolbar owner window handle using GetWindow and TriggerWindow. Example:

Function Button5
Code:
Copy      Help
int handle=GetWindow(TriggerWindow GW_OWNER)
but id(129 handle)

Toolbar
Code:
Copy      Help
5 :Button5
ty once again for your fast response i just came back to tell you i think i got it and then i read what you posted and i think i may need to rethink what i was going to do also i hope this will be the last question how can i make it know that another function is running on that window so i cant actavate another function without stopping the other and you dont have to respond as fast i think i may be going to bed soon and i will look back in the morning thank you very much for this forum your very great and thxs for making it where i can make .exe very easy thats really great tyvm
How to pass string in a function