Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error Upgrading to 2.2.0.2
Hello i am using the QM version 2.1.9.1 at the moment and i just went to upgrade to the 2.2.0.2 version and at the end of the installation a message box comes up say "This Quick Macros version is not installed on this computer. Some Quick Macros features may not work." and the setup box freezes and i have to do a ctrl alt delete to get rid of it. Just wondering what should i do should i uninstall it and go back to the 2.1.9.1 version or just keep using the 2.2.0.2 and hope it works fine?
JustMe Wrote:Hello i am using the QM version 2.1.9.1 at the moment and i just went to upgrade to the 2.2.0.2 version and at the end of the installation a message box comes up say "This Quick Macros version is not installed on this computer. Some Quick Macros features may not work." and the setup box freezes and i have to do a ctrl alt delete to get rid of it. Just wondering what should i do should i uninstall it and go back to the 2.1.9.1 version or just keep using the 2.2.0.2 and hope it works fine?
unistall QM and keep all files, restart and dl 2.2.0.2
Smile 8)
i just tried doing what u said but it did the same thing same message and the setup freezes ..but QM does start and seems to work but i haven't used it to much to see which features aren't going to work....But i think i may reinstall the 2.1 version because i know that runs well, But thanks for your help..
During setup, QM is temporarily launched with command line /!i to perform some installation tasks (update proccess trigger driver, etc). Setup then waits. Normally, QM then quickly exits and setup continues. In your case, QM for some reason does not receive the command line, and therefore instead of performing these installation tasks it runs as normal and does not exit. Then you should see QM tray icon. If you then exit QM, setup would continue. After such installation, QM should work well, but process triggers may not work, especially on Vista. If process triggers work, all is OK.

Can you help me to debug this? Try to install QM 2.2.0.2 again. When setup stops, click QM tray icon. Create new macro, paste this code and run:

Code:
Copy      Help
out "(%s)" GetCommandLine
out "(%s)" PathGetArgs(GetCommandLine)

What it displays in the output?

Then run this macro:

Code:
Copy      Help
run "$qm$\qm.exe" "/!i"

Then exit QM and setup will continue.
I did what u said to do and this is what came up in the output

(C:\Program Files\Quick Macros 2\qm.exe /!i)
(Files\Quick Macros 2\qm.exe /!i)
It seems that your operating system removes double quotes from the path. On my computer, QM path is enclosed in double quotes even if it does not contain spaces. I'll try to fix this in QM 2.2.0.3. Now you can use QM 2.2.0.2.

Normally should be:

("C:\Program Files\Quick Macros 2\qm.exe" /!i)
(/!i)

What is your operating system? Maybe you use an alternative shell?
Windows XP
Home Edition
SP 2
are you using litestep or windowblinds?
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
QM 2.2.0.3 will correctly parse such command line. Thank you.
Gintaras Wrote:QM 2.2.0.3 will correctly parse such command line. Thank you.
this is what i get in my output >>>>>
("C:\Program Files\Quick Macros 2\qm.exe" S)
(S)
Smile 8)
My triggers are no longer working after upgrading Cry

I get the following output when running the above code...

("P:\Stand-Alone\Quick Macros 2\qm.exe" )
()
Evangelism - Just Do It!
What types of triggers don't work?
Gintaras Wrote:What types of triggers don't work?
Window triggers seem to work. It looks as if it is the keyboard triggers that are not responding.
Evangelism - Just Do It!
do you have the low level hooks engaged?
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
It is Options -> Triggers -> Use Low Level Keyboard Hook. Is it checked now? LL keyboard hooks don't work if some your macro uses raw input or direct input. Raw input is used by the keyboard detector.
Gintaras Wrote:It is Options -> Triggers -> Use Low Level Keyboard Hook. Is it checked now? LL keyboard hooks don't work if some your macro uses raw input or direct input. Raw input is used by the keyboard detector.
Yes, I checked this box before posting and just tried it again but it does not fix the problem. 2nd, I have no idea what you mean by a raw input or direct input. The keyboard triggers that I would like to see working again are set in the macro properties box under the Trigger tab.
On another note, I tried using my old version. The keyboard triggers are no longer working there either. Hmmmm...any other suggestions?
Evangelism - Just Do It!
Make sure that "Keyboard" is selected (blue) in Options -> Triggers -> Active Triggers -> Blue tray icon.
Gintaras Wrote:Make sure that "Keyboard" is selected (blue) in Options -> Triggers -> Active Triggers -> Blue tray icon.
Yes, all triggers were selected blue, including "Keyboard".
Evangelism - Just Do It!
I have even tried restarting my computer and scanning for viruses and spyware. I have come to depend on these keyboard scripts for all my computer work. I would love to have this fixed, even if I could go back to an older version of QM2. Thanks for your quick responses!
Evangelism - Just Do It!
I have just found that the keyboard macros are running under one of my folders just fine. It is another folder that they are no longer working in. We are getting close, I can smell it. Smile
Evangelism - Just Do It!
What settings are different in Folder Properties of these folders?
If I change the folder Scope of triggers to Not "Fake Program", all the keyboard scripts for the macros in that folder work. As soon as I restore the folder Scope of triggers to ALL, the keyboard scripts no longer run. At least I have found a work-a-round. I am happy, thanks. Big Grin
Evangelism - Just Do It!
Gintaras Wrote:What settings are different in Folder Properties of these folders?
The Folder Properties for the working keyboard triggers has the Scope of triggers set to Only "Maxthon".

The Folder Properties for the broken keyboard triggers has the Scope of triggers set to All.
Evangelism - Just Do It!
What scope is in menu File -> More -> File Properties?
Gintaras Wrote:What scope is in menu File -> More -> File Properties?
Scope of triggers: Only "WAVSPLIT"

I changed it to ALL and it now works. I am embarassed to say that I just added a new folder + macro at the end of the day yesterday, and did not notice that I must have done something to break my keyboard macros. Apparently, I changed the File Properties scope rather than my new Folder Properties scope. It was not the new version at fault. Many kudos for your help at resolving this.
Evangelism - Just Do It!
For this reason I moved File Properties to More submenu.