Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QM kills my apostrophe
Has anyone else had a problem with not being able to use the ' while QM is loaded in memory? I am able to use the same key with the shift key pressed (") and it works perfectly fine once QM is shut down. This happens even though no functions or macros are running. It goes back to normal as soon as I exit QM in the SysTray. Any ideas? I am running QM 2.1.9.1 on Windows XP Pro
Some of your macros has ' trigger.
Actually, I only have two macros with triggers set (that are active anyway - the Default and Samples are there but both disabled). The two macros I do have are using Ctrl+Shift+F10 and Ctrl+Shift+F9.
A ' hotkey is specified in Options.
I see the default hot keys (Ctrl+Shift+Alt Q, M, D, R E, W) but those are the only ones I see. Could it be set somewhere else?
Try to exit QM, and then start it while holding down F8. Answer Yes to question "Start QM in safe mode?". Does then ' work?

Also, try to start QM normally and disable all triggers. To disable all triggers, use tray icon menu. Does then ' work?
Whooops!! I just expanded my macro window and found that somehow I had accidentally assigned a function ' as its trigger. You were right on the money the first time Gintaras. Thanks for the assist.