Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Window confusion
I'm having a problem pulling up a specific access db when there are other dbs open. is there a way when i open a particular db to give that window a unique identifyer so that i can pull it up?

i tried using the handle and global a variable but if there are other dbs already open it pulls them up first and grabs their handle rather than the one that is open. i tried useing 0x200 on the run command but it didnt help.

any way to do this?

tx
what about changing the window text ?
pi
i can't do it quick enough after the run command to keep it from bringing up another open Access db and renaming that one.

can do it in a run command?
btw. is your program access ??
pi
yes, it is.

FYI:the window tittle does give the db name (which is unique) but only if the db is maximised within the Access main window.
have you tried catching your db with the 'Find accessible object' function ?'
pi
I don't know how to use it. can you help with that?
make a new macro, paste:

<font color=#0080f0>EA_Main </font>_hwndqm

and run the macro.

:roll:
pi
WOW that gets a lot of info....
so here's what i did...
Code:
Copy      Help
Acc a=acc("" "TITLEBAR" "Microsoft Access" "ODb" "db1 : Database (Access 2000 file format)" 0x1004)
act a

however it won't bring the window up; does "act" even work like I'm using it?
In QM 2.1.4, run can wait for window and get handle. Use the "Run program" dialog. Specify window, and set option "Run anyway".

However, there is theoretic possibility that run can retrieve wrong window, and I don't know any reliable solution for this.
Yeah, I tried that 0x800 but it didn't work (i.e. it pulled up the other Access window).

Does anyone know a command line thing that would maximize the windows within Access?
what happens when you try to load the db again ?
maybe access will switch to that db ?

i tried it with dreamweaver and photoshop, it works :roll:
pi
it pulls up the othe db. run was what i was using before with some of the options but it was seeing the other db as the prog and pulled it up.