Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto repeat until key trigger is lifted
This seems like it should be easy but I can't get it to work...

I want to use the jog wheel on my mouse to send the command for zoom up or zoom down repeatedly as long as I am pressing it in the appropriate direction. Tthe directions of the wheel are mapped to keyboard inputs i.e. pushing the wheel one way, delivers 'CA7 and the other way delivers 'CA8

The macro to be repeated is actually simple

Code:
Copy      Help
'e;; changes to zoom mode
'Q;; zooms up one click
'f;; exit zoom mode

Thanks in advance!!!
Stuart
I have my 2nd mouse wheel set to turn the volume up/down and it keeps turning up/down for as long as I turn it.

I'm using the 'trigger' settings in the property. have you tried that?
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
Hi Ken,

I am using the up/down (volume) buttons on the Logitech MX Revolution mouse not the wheel so that won't work.
I did try your "stopmac" solution from the forum but I couldn't get it to work because the trigger for the stopmac is the same keys as the original trigger (even though one is "on release", QM errors this out for Similar Trigger.

There must be some filter function way of doing it but that is a bit beyond me to create from scratch. I will try to reverse engineer some that are out there...

Thanks,
Stuart
the only thing i can think of will have to be fixed.
Multi-keyboard macro repeat

setting the up/down button to be the trigger and holding it down will repeat but it has to be fixed first. im not sure how to do it at this time. unless maybe having the code check for the button 'state' and then run the code; then check the 'state', if it's down; then run the code again....etc.
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
I think this is something different. Trigger autorepeating for CA7 and CA8 should work because they are not single-key triggers. The problem I think is because these keys are generated by software, and therefore 7 and 8 are not automatically repeated. For example, in a QM macro

key+ CS7
key- CS7

autorepeating does not work. The macro should use rep instead. The same with the mouse software. I don't see a way to detect if the wheel is pressed, or when released.