Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
act windows - run in background?
I am logging on to a server using mstsc /console and running a macro there. The macro has several act win commands.

If I watch the macro run entirely, it works fine. However, if I minimize the server window while it is running, the macro stops without giving an error. Is it refusing to run because it is now in the background?

I checked the option that disables the Window lock feature (described in the help for the act command), and still no luck.

I thought that since the server is always up, as long as I installed QM on the server, I could run macros without having to watch them. Is there a workaround to this issue?

Thanks!
do u need 2 act the windows?can u make a triggered function or functions?
it would help if you showed us your code we have no idea what your doing otherwise
Here is the first half of the code: I am calling a terminal emulation program in one window, logging on to an AS400 system, then opening Excel in another window. The second half of the code is flipping back and forth between the two windows, copying the values in the Excel file and pasting them into the AS400.

Is the problem the fact that I have key commands and the server does not know which keyboard to use if I do not watch the macro execute?

run "C:\Program Files\mochasoft\mtn5250.exe"
wait 5
act win(" - Mocha W32 TN5250")
spe 500
key A{f}
key "c"
key "206.17.40.143"
key YY
wait 2
key "JOHNS"
key T
key Y
wait 3
key "5"
key Y
key "2"
key Y
wait 2
spe 700
run "Excel.exe"
key A{f}
key "1"
key "N"
key "M"
key "N"
key "T"
key TTRRRSTST
key "T"
key "F"
act win("206.17.40.143 - Mocha W32 TN5250")
key "A"
act win("Microsoft Excel - PBWO" "XLMAIN")
It seems that keyboard, mouse and window commands don't work while Remote Desktop window is minimized. Like you would switch to another user (fast user switching).

Workaround

Instead of minimizing, restore or hide the Remote Desktop window. This works well on Vista. Don't know how on other OS.

Toolbar for hiding/unhiding:
Code:
Copy      Help
Hide Remote Desktop :hid "Remote Desktop"
Unhide Remote Desktop :hid- "Remote Desktop"

The toolbar must not be attached to the Remote Desktop window.
OK, I am solving that issue by keeping a PC permanently logged on as a Remote Desktop user.

My issue now is that I am using a program to launch the macro by issuing the command qmcl.exe M "FoxJDE". This used to work fine, but now QuickMacros starts but does not run the macro. When I manually click on the play button to run the macro, it gives the following error:

Warning: Quick Macros now is running as another user. It may not work well.
Cannot run this macro: FoxJDE. The evaluation period is expired.
Unregistered. Quick Macros is disabled because the evaluation period is expired.

If I exit Quick Macros, then manually start it again and run the macro, it works fine.
The program launches QM as another user. It means that QM uses another user's registry settings, which also include QM registration info. Although, when you enter QM registartion code, QM tries to register QM for all users, but it is not always possible.

When that program will launch QM next time, enter QM registration code (menu Help -> Registration) and restart QM. After that, QM should work well.
When I select Help->Registration in this situation, it refuses to show the registration dialog box. If I start QuickMacros manually, it will show me the dialog box.
Quote:When I select Help->Registration in this situation, it refuses to show the registration dialog box.

Nothing happens when you click 'Registration' in the Help menu? I don't know how it can be possible, especially if works well when started manually. Can you give me all information for reproducing all this situation, if possible? Program name etc.
The program that is launching the application is called Seeburger. Is there any other information that you need?
I don't know what it does and where I can download it.

How if you try to use some other program to launch QM with the same command line? How if you create shortcut on desktop with the same command line and run it?
Or launch QM manually or on Windows startup. Then seeburger will pass the command line to existing QM instance, where the macro will run well.
Or, with seeburger try to use command line that includes full path to QM instead of qmcl.exe.

"c:\program files\quick macros 2\qm.exe" M "macro name"
The shortcut works, but Seeburger requires that I pass a parameter that ends in .exe, otherwise it will not launch the application. I am passing the full command line. This was working fine a month ago.

I think I got an error or warning if I left QM on and then launched qmcl.exe from Seeburger.

What if I re-enter the registration code under a user with adminstrator rights?
You are right, starting QM manually and leaving it on when Seeburger launches the macro solves the issue.

Thanks very much for your help!