Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copying ...
Hey, I use AIM, and instant messaging service, and I wanted to be able to have a macro grab any messages people leave me and save them into notepad, is there any way for this to happen?
what have you tried so far ?
pi
Well what i'm wanting to mainly do is leave my computer on until a certain time and then at the time I set, have the computer grab any messages people leave me then save them in notepad and then shutdown the computer and what not... I have everything working except the part where it grabs the info from AIM.. the thing that im having trouble with is I dont know what to name the window because depending on who leaves me the message, the window has a different name?
so I dont know how to get this thing started.
make a function with the a trigger not sure exactly what the trigger will be because i don't have aim.But remove the person's name so all u have left is something like this i will use yahoo for an example
yahoo8 trigger
!cv"Instant Message" "YSearchMenuWndClass"
Then u need 2 get the text of the message.You will prolly have 2 use find HTML element 2 do that.but also there are alot of ways 2 can save it do u want all messages on 1 notepad document?
Yes, but I have no clue on what to do for this macro... I haven't used QM in so long... So i'm basically trying to relearn everything.
ok u need 2 decide a few things how u want it saved all in 1 file or files with the person's name ect ect
i can help more but i need more info
Okay, thanks for the help in advance. For the saving part, all I need to do is select all the information in the IM sent to me and then save it into notepad... Once thats saved in notepad it will be fine because it will have the persons Screen Name in there so ill know who sent it and then any other IMs can either be saved in there also or saved in a seperate file, if that would be easier.

And i think i found the Trigger for the function:

Code:
Copy      Help
!ca"IM with" "__oxFrame.class__" "" "" 0x160B0000
did u test that trigger and make sure it works?
easy way is 2 put a simple code like
out "test passed" or something 2 that effect and when the window is created u should see that in the qm output if the trigger is right
yea actually i just put "out 1" for if it works but now it dont seems to work. :x
did u use "out 1" just like that or out "1"< << like that? should be out "1"
Code:
Copy      Help
act(win("IM" "__oxFrame.class__"))
out 1
is there a space inbetween the " and the letter I if there is make sure there isn't
nope no space