Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yahoo Related Question
I was wondering if there was a way to see who have messaged you. As in say I had a Yahoo IM Blocker whenevever someone messaged me it would close the IM window and store who messaged me into a folder and what they have messaged is there anyway of doing that if so I would like some clues on how to do this thank you.
I could be wrong but you could run into a problem with people who you don't have blocked, getting their IM's closed and info stored as well as those who are blocked, but if that is of no concern to you this this is probably not too complicated of a macro.? That is if I understand you correctly.
Sort of I would just like to keep an archive folder on the desktop for people who have messaged me if I did not see it.
You could probably just simply, grab the window class and style of an Instant Message window, then have it set up for when that window class is created to just grab the window text of the IM and create a notepad file and save it in a designated folder.
How can I do all that will u help? still learning
Also I believe in yahoo options there are probably message archives where it already will store any messages sent.
Ok sorry thank you for your help.
I'm not sure of how much help I could be since i don't have Yahoo Messenger on my computer.
well there was something to save archives in yahoo preferences thank you.
I'm sorry if I can't be of more help.
No problem, glad to help.