Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exe
hey on an exe file i have i made a end hotkey and it does not stop the file any suggestions?
Maybe it is used by some program. Try other hotkey.
is it possible to do a nother function and make it end an exe

i got this but it didnt work

end "yourmacro.exe"

any ideas?
It is in QM help.

clo win("GUID" "QM_ExeManager"); err ;;GUID is the value of the guid field of exe project settings, eg {831E78A4-8BD0-4217-94C2-37A1CFF290A8}
so it wud look like this?

i can put this in a new function give it a trigger and it will work?

clo win("831E78A4-8BD0-4217-94C2-37A1CFF290A8" "QM_ExeManager"); err
Yes, only replace that big number in {} with the one that is in your project settings. Project settings are saved either in the exe macro or in Properties of the folder that contains the exe macro.
ok tried it gave it trigger and all did not work Sad

is there a way to give an exe file a starting trigger?
Triggers don't work in exe. A trigger is something that runs all the time and launches the macro when needed. If exe is independent from QM, nothing runs all the time etc.
so how would i stop an exe file when it is running? is it possible? can i create another function to do it...because that 1 above didnt work
Code:
Copy      Help
shutdown -1

run from an exe will end the exe and all functions that are running in the exe

Note: if you use this with QM it will close QM.

More about shutdown Function:
http://www.quickmacros.com/help/Commands...TDOWN.html
yeah i tryed that already...problem was how would i run that exe when there was another one with lefs already running?

another question?....can triggers be added to exe's?
Gintaras Wrote:Triggers don't work in exe. A trigger is something that runs all the time and launches the macro when needed. If exe is independent from QM, nothing runs all the time etc.