Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mouse trigger
I want to trigger different macros by clicking different areas of a screen. I want to assign mouse click trigger, use FF_Mouse_Is_In_Rectangle and trigger a macro with each mouse click. With Macro Express ( a less sophisticated program ) I was able to map out the screen so that I could use the SAME mouse button to trigger dozens of different macros -- depending on where I clicked on the screen.

ie:

Macro1 is triggered when LEFT clicking in rectangle [left(0) top(0) right (100) bottom(100)].

Macro2 is triggered when LEFT clicking in different rectangle [left(100) top(0) right(200) bottom(100)].

When I try to do this with Quick Macros, I get a "similar triggers" message. How can I do what I described above?

I read the discussion with ken gray on Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:59 pm tghat looks similar but I don't understand:

;/
function# hWnd message wParam lParam

sel message
,case WM_SETCURSOR
,if(!(wParam=hWnd or GetDlgCtrlID(wParam)=9999)) ret
,sel lParam
,,case WM_LBUTTONUP<<16|HTCLIENT ;;or WM_LBUTTONDOWN
,,POINT p; GetCursorPos &p; ScreenToClient hWnd &p
,,out "%i %i" p.x p.y
,,;now launch macros (mac) depending on coordinates

* * I don't need to click on a blank toolbar as in that example, but instead, I need to click on an area of the screen or better yet an area of a window. I set a jpeg as the background of the window. I need to filter by window name as well as by rectangular area on the window.
The 'similar triggers' message does not always mean that you cannot use more than 1 macro with similar trigger, especially if you use program-specific trigger or filter function. It is just an information that you have macros with similar triggers.

In your case it is better to use 1 filter function. It would evaluate coordinates, windows, etc, and launch different macros. Like in Example 2:

http://www.quickmacros.com/help/QM_Help ... MPLES.html