Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating a commercial program from some Quick Macros
I have a really helpful collection of macros that I think have strong commercial potential, because they are specialized. And now Quick Macros allows us to make programs! But is anyone able to make the program into one that can "time out" and require registration? I've never put software on the market, so I'd have to hire this out, I assume. Any tips of offers would be appreciated. Sorry if this has been discussed, please point me there if so. Thanks for any help you can offer.

By the way, the new ability of Quick Macros to allow you to press and hold a control key while firing multiple macros is really fabulous. Thanks Gintaras!!! (Wow, you've made almost 3,200 posts helping everyone!)

Oh, and what code is used when the program is made from QM? A programmer would want to know. :>)
- Bob
Shareware protection system for macros

Quote:what code is used...

The compiled code consists of pointers to internal functions plus data.
...that a programmer would have trouble making a version people would have to register? It sounded from the posts like people should wait until you implement this feature, unless I didn't understand the thread. Thanks.
- Bob
A programmer has to modify something in the functions.

These functions were designed to be used with macros running in qm, although also can be used in exe. In exe you could use a simpler protection. Anyway, these functions can give you some knowledge useful when creating your own protection.