Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restart Comp
Hey, is there anyway to restart my comp but run a certian macro after the restart? without using something that will run it everytime qm opens such as @1??
make a schedule for it and then in the "Windows Task Scheduler" go in and set it for "At System Startup" instead of "Weekly", "Daily", etc.
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
yes, but that does like the same thing as @1 lol i need something that doesnt do it everytime but just wen i call a system reboot from a macro, then wen it comes back on...do this.
you could have it change your "init2" to enable the macro before calling the reboot and then when the reboot happens it starts the macro which then disables itself in the init2 'macro'

The Macro Hook
WOW thanks thats a great idea!

EDIT: I just thought of another idea...i could edit the registry and save something there then reboot and in the init2 files always check wut the registry says and if it says Run or w/e i save to run then change it to Dont Run.
all my irw friends say I'm full of 'em...wait...no, they say "i'm full of it"....hmmmmm....that could be different. :?

The Macro Hook
:lol: lol
QM_Expert Wrote:WOW thanks thats a great idea!

i could edit the registry....

you are a brave soul!.
Confusedhock:

The Macro Hook
ken gray Wrote:
QM_Expert Wrote:WOW thanks thats a great idea!

i could edit the registry....

you are a brave soul!.
Confusedhock:

LOL i just tested it works pretty well actually
Quote:LOL i just tested it works pretty well actually

oh, it'll work right up to the time it fries your registry and makes you format your hard-drive.

The Macro Hook
Fry my registry? why would it do that lol all im doing is addind a single key into the qm settings part
did you ever read about a neat little thing you could do but the instructions said "just start regedit.exe" and just before that they give out some big hairy warning about how badly you can screw up the next 2-3 days of your life if you mess it up....or if your system hicups at just the wrong time during a write to the registry....

The Macro Hook
Probably have so your saying using rget and rset are not safe?
editing the registry in a windows environment is NEVER safe....you get away with it a million times and then that one time bites you in the.....well, you know.

The Macro Hook
ahh ok thanks ken il probably use your way thanks!