Anyway to key return with SendKey?
SendKey in VB script or QM?
Matt B
QM
Code:
Copy      Help
SendKey hwnd VK_RETURN

?

btw. what about changing your username to something more personal ?
like your nickname or so.
QM_Expert is funny, but misleading.
pi
_pi Wrote:
Code:
Copy      Help
SendKey hwnd VK_RETURN

?

btw. what about changing your username to something more personal ?
like your nickname or so.
QM_Expert is funny, but misleading.

1. Any other ways?

2. Why do you care about my username?
1. please elaborate

2. you are not a qm expert.
pi
1. Like in programming, i need a soft enter command.

2. O well i dont wanna change it lol.
please explain soft-enter in detail.

do you ask for html enter ?

where enter makes a new paragraph and
shift enter a new line.
pi
Yes something like that.
I'm still not sure what a soft enter is? I do know its been discussed on the forum at length and that the confusion remains. I think when you hit enter on a keyboard in an editor you get a newline and a carriage return. Do you need one and not the other? What are you trying to do???
Matt B
Im not familiar with the terms you used?? But if you can provide an example ill try it. Thanks
QM_Expert Wrote:Im not familiar with the terms you used?? But if you can provide an example ill try it. Thanks

it would be very useful to know what you try to do.
pi

We all know what this is for so why don't you either give a real Example or give up on this topic.
It's for an automated formsite.
i still don't know what you want to do, but
i am tired of asking, so i am out.
pi
Saying its an automated formsite means nothing.

Why does "key Y" not work for you? What is the out come if you use this command?

Please post the code or please stop asking for help with it.

Thanks.
Matt B
I guess it should press Enter in inactive pp window.
Oh so you think this is about pp? You guys are too funny, why does it have to be a pp related Q?

Well its not and i dont want an answer anymore. Thanks for nothing.

I'm not sure what this soft enter is? But maybe he's having a problem of this sort?

When I first started using QM, I used it alot of different programs, seeing what I could get it to do. I had experimented with AOL Instant Messenger, to get it to try to respond to any Instant Messages I recieved. But when I tried to get it to send the message with the Enter key, it wouldn't send; the text was just deleted. Once again I have no idea if this is the problem you are having but I just gave up on and it stopped trying to amuse myself Confusedhock: But I believe with the updates with AOL Instant Messenger, Key Y would probably work now, not sure if this problem would still be present with any programs today?
Taking on Quick Macros one day at a time
Quote:Oh so you think this is about pp? You guys are too funny, why does it have to be a pp related Q?

Well its not and i dont want an answer anymore. Thanks for nothing.

We've seen enough to know that when someone doesn't want to share even one line of the code they're using that invariably it is linked to pp.

Please, prove me wrong. Honestly, if its just code you don't want anyone else to see, give us just enough to test a solution for you. Otherwise you have nothing, and you're doing nothing but wasting the time of the guys or girls that are here to help you.

I'm sorry, but you lose a lot of respect when you try to cover things up in this, and many other, forums.

I think I speak for many others in this forum, if you don't paste some relative code to the question you're dying to have answered, then I will never offer any help to you and you should move to another scripting language. There's your chance. Good luck, if you get it wrong, please move on.

Thanks.
Matt B
OK, in the past ive seen Gint and others get mad at people for asking questions about messengers, well ya got me it was for a messegner database my freind [Unknown] is trying to create and is having major probems getting it to send messages....i really dont have codes cuz its for him, he isnt a member on the forum.

If you really need to see something ill try and get him to pass some codes form his database and see what we can do.

If ya'll still dont wanna help me its alright ill forget about it.

Sorry for the comotion, Sam.
this funny... i read & watch all team up on 1 guy Smile)
Not to pile on QM_Expert or anything, but is there a way to turn off the gif animations of people's avatar. I know its none of my business what avatar people want to use but the gif animations that move very quickly like QM_Expert's "Odie" are distracting, especially if there are many on a page at one (maybe even seizure-inducing :wink: ). I see in the board display preferences a way to turn off flash animations but couldn't find one for gifs.

Stuart
stupomer Wrote:Not to pile on QM_Expert or anything, but is there a way to turn off the gif animations of people's avatar. I know its none of my business what avatar people want to use but the gif animations that move very quickly like QM_Expert's "Odie" are distracting, especially if there are many on a page at one (maybe even seizure-inducing :wink: ). I see in the board display preferences a way to turn off flash animations but couldn't find one for gifs.

Stuart

try this when using firefox:
Code:
Copy      Help
Go to the page about:config and locate the key image.animation_mode.
set its value to ‘none’ to stop all animated gifs !
pi
stupomer Wrote:Not to pile on QM_Expert or anything, but is there a way to turn off the gif animations of people's avatar. I know its none of my business what avatar people want to use but the gif animations that move very quickly like QM_Expert's "Odie" are distracting, especially if there are many on a page at one (maybe even seizure-inducing :wink: ). I see in the board display preferences a way to turn off flash animations but couldn't find one for gifs.

Stuart

in FF you can hit Esc to stop them as well.
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook