Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scan
Hey can scan be done with JPEG's anyway?
No, only with bmp. Jpegs and other compressed images may be distorted.
and one prints out the jpeg and holds it against the screen ?
would that work ?
pi
Convert jpeg to bmp and then scan with the bmp? Yes.
Possibly the following will work, if the compressed image is not distorted.

Now scan supports bitmap handle. Load the image (gif or jpg) with LoadPictureFile and use it with scan. Then call DeleteObject.
works
Code:
Copy      Help
__GdiHandle bm=LoadPictureFile("$my pictures$\60x90.gif" 0)
scan bm 0 0 0x3

note that __GdiHandle calls DeleteObject automatically

---

Also tested jpg. At first tested when it is open in Vista image viewer, and scan failed. Then tested in Internet Explorer, and worked well. Different programs display the same file differently.
Hey, when i use this it has to be ontop of everything because if something covers the image, it says it has disapeard??? so like i need it to work even if the image is behind anything?

Thanks
This function can only find images that are visible on the screen. If window is used, make sure that the window is not obscured by other windows. This function does not test whether the image belongs to the window. You can use act to activate the window. This function can only find images that exactly match the captured image (image in file). It will not find images with different colors or shapes.

THE HELP FILE IS SUCH A GREAT THING HUH?
Any other way to wait for images to disapear? even if there not completely visible but are on an open window?
Currently cannot search in background windows, but generally it is possible (not with all windows), and possibly in some new QM version scan will have the option.
I was thinking RECT but is there a way to use rect and only do a certian rectangle in a certian window? not the entire screen? and not be sensitive to clicks?
Gintaras Wrote:Currently cannot search in background windows, but generally it is possible (not with all windows), and possibly in some new QM version scan will have the option.

How long you think untill it will be supported and be an option in QM?
0.5 - 1 year
OK cant wait lol

QM_Expert Wrote:I was thinking RECT but is there a way to use rect and only do a certian rectangle in a certian window? not the entire screen? and not be sensitive to clicks?

Any ideas with this?
The rectangle also must be completely visible.
Oh, alrite thanks...guess ill wait for the new QM Big Grin

Thanks for the help.
OK new idea, since this wont work.....anyway to always keep a certian window on top?

Even if new windows open?

ont seems to fail alot on me, like it will work until a new window opens and the new window will flash ontop of it for a second or less and the image could disapear?

Any ideas?
Normally new normal windows are not displayed on top of a topmost window. There is no way to make a super topmost window, ie more topmost than other topmost windows.
ok
thanks!