Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taskbar...

Here's what's going on, i'm using an Instant messenger(Aol Instant Messenger) and when I get instant messaged, my conversation box in my taskbar starts flashing because I have it minimized. How would I get QM to trigger a command, right when it starts flashing?
Taking on Quick Macros one day at a time
Hmmmmmmmmmmm this is not a bad question i dont have any idea how but here is how to make a window flash.

Code:
Copy      Help
FlashWindow win("Internet") 0
Function Function72
Code:
Copy      Help
Acc a=acc("* - Winamp *" "PUSHBUTTON" win("" "Shell_TrayWnd") "ToolbarWindow32" "" 0x1001)
int c=0x92C3CD ;;a color in the taskbar button when flashing
rep
,if(a.FindColor(c)) out "flashing"

However it is not reliable on Vista because exact taskbar colors depend on what is behind the taskbar.

FindColor is somewhere in this forum.

Hmm, I don't understand why this doesn't work? Whenever I recieve an Instant Message, my "Away" window in my taskbar starts flashing, but the macro doesn't do anything? I'm running on Windows XP... Could it be that i'm not using the regular Appearance theme? I'm using a black Zune theme... When it is flashing it is orange.
Maybe the color is incorrect. When capturing a color, whatever tool you use to do it, the object must not be in a "hot" state because then the object changes its color. Taskbar buttons and some other objects are in hot state when the mouse pointer is over them. To capture a color without placing the mouse pointer over the object, the capturing tool must take screen snapshot and let you pick the color from the snapshot, not directly from the screen. QM color/image capturing tools use snapshot. The tools are in the floating toolbar. Color: Wait dialog. Image or color: Find Image dialog.

Okay, thanks for the explanation. I'll give it a try.

Okay, it works! I just needed to change color to 0x214EDE. Thanks for the help.
Gintaras Wrote:Function Function72
Code:
Copy      Help
Acc a=acc("* - Winamp *" "PUSHBUTTON" win("" "Shell_TrayWnd") "ToolbarWindow32" "" 0x1001)
int c=0x92C3CD ;;a color in the taskbar button when flashing
rep
,if(a.FindColor(c)) out "flashing"

However it is not reliable on Vista because exact taskbar colors depend on what is behind the taskbar.

FindColor is somewhere in this forum.

I changed my QM log mode to:

right click to logwindow area -> Log -> Acc. Trigger events

and started to observe hoping that someting to grab appears when some window flashes on the taskbar. Window flashes but nothing specific appears to the logwindow. Is it true that there is not possible to build a trigger for function or macro like: "Properties"->"Accessible objects"->"SomeKindOfAction"?
true
Gintaras Wrote:true
So if I want to know what windows are flashing, then the key point is to scan Windows taskbar childs and handle them as acc.objects and check their color? Or is there other methods? Finding the flashing window(s) on quickest way is my purpose.
I don't know other ways.