Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monitor Power Off
Hi,

I apologize if this is documented somewhere obvious, but I've missed it somehow. I also searched this forum without success, but it seems pretty simple:

I a macro that will turn off my screen (monitor). Not hibernate or standby or anything like that. Just turn the monitor off like windows does automatically after a period of time.

How would I do this?

Thanks!

Tony
Figured out something...

Code:
Copy      Help
SendMessage -1 WM_SYSCOMMAND 0xF170 2

That gets us close. But it gets in this loop sometimes where it flashes the monitor on-off-on-off-on-off-on-off-on-off-on-off and I'm not sure how to make it quit when it gets started, but so far have managed to get it to stop that loop every time. (Vista 32bit)
Quote:flashes the monitor on-off-on-off-on-off-on-off-on-off-on-off

On my computer works well.
Try to change -1 to _hwndqm.
How would I make this run when I move the mouse to the top/left corner of the screen and let it sit there for 3 seconds?
Macro
Trigger #1     Help - how to add the trigger to the macro
Code:
Copy      Help
SendMessage _hwndqm WM_SYSCOMMAND 0xF170 2

With trigger #1, when you move your mouse with a medium/high speed to the top left corner of your screen it will run the macro. If you wanted it to wait 3 seconds, simply add a 3 second wait.

Macro
Trigger #1     Help - how to add the trigger to the macro
Code:
Copy      Help
SendMessage _hwndqm WM_SYSCOMMAND 0xF170 2

Someone might have a better answer.
Taking on Quick Macros one day at a time
I just saw this in LifeHacker and started to do some research on the Autohotkey script....just should have started looking here :lol:

Nice work all!
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook