Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macro reliability questionable ?
It seems the macro doesn't work well under certain situations.

The details are :

(1) When we schedule to just execute a single macro only, it works.

(2) When we schedule to execute a series of batches (including an import and export of Oracle database, or other heavy jobs) and then the macro, then the macro doesn't work or sometimes abruptly breaks in the middle of processing like inputting text into a textbox.
Which version are you using?
Also, i used to have several macros that ran batchfiles and once the batchfile was launched it then progressed however the batchfile was still downloading the data file. I fixed that by putting in a message dialogue that held up the macro till you answered "yes". Then I figured out how to just code the ftp process into the macro itself (works much better now).

Let me know if this shines any light on it...
my version is 2.1.1

Unfortunately, as it is intended to put those batches to run in schedule one by one, no one is there to wait for any previous process to complete and press any button for the rest to go.

So, what I need is : there should be some way for me to run macros in block mode, or synchronously, so that the whole series of batches ( with macros ) can be run automatically to completion with any human intervention.

Any help ?
actually, you can. i had it wait until the window (dos command window) was destroyed and that seemed to work ok...

Code:
Copy      Help
run "test.bat"
0 WD "whatever the window name was"
continue...