Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lock A Dektop Icon
is it posibble to lock a desktop icon and have it pw protected if the macro open?
if this would be possible that would be cool anyone know how to do it?
Mitch264 Wrote:is it posibble to lock a desktop icon and have it pw protected if the macro open?
why would u want to lock the icon on a desktop? Mabey try reading Your help guid

-Untitled
because i have folders on my computer that others dont need to look in and other people in my house use the same computer
QM cannot do it.
Let they use separate user accounts. Then they will not be able to access your desktop, my documents, etc.
And even if desktop icons are locked, from the desktop. They could always access them from the start menu. You should either use separate user accounts, as suggested, or maybe Google for a program that will do what you're looking to do.
Taking on Quick Macros one day at a time
Couldn't you use a macro or something to close/hide a window and then prompt for a password, then when correct password open the window.
Something Like:
Macro
Code:
Copy      Help
rep
,ifi(win("Tester" "CabinetWClass"))
,,hid win("Tester" "CabinetWClass")
,,if(!inpp("Jim" "" "" 1))
,,,out "Wrong"
,,,clo win("Tester" "CabinetWClass")
,,hid- win("Tester" "CabinetWClass")
,,ret
,else
,,out "No"
I like this but get the password wrong 3 times - and then cancel

rep
,ifi(win("" "Shell_TrayWnd"))
,,hid win("" "Shell_TrayWnd")
,,if(!inpp("Jim" "" "" 1))
,,,out "Wrong"
,,,clo win("" "Shell_TrayWnd")
,,hid- win("" "Shell_TrayWnd")
,,ret
,else
,,out "No"
Yah something like that i played around with the code but like i only wana lock like 1 icon on my desktop anyone got a code for that or can help me?
Place the file in a password-protected zip file.