Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to select HTML buttons and Input text?
I am having trouble getting text input into the Name textbox of the attached HTML document. It takes me 34 tabs to get focus on that box. After I input text a carriage return won't work. I have to actually select the search button. Can you point me in the right direction on how this can be accomplished?

Thanks again.

Attached Files Image(s)

Download QM 2.1.4 or 5, and try "Html element actions" dialog.
That's what I have been trying and I get the following error when trying to test.

Attached Files Image(s)

Can it find some other object in that page?
Only when I use Find accessible object can I find the Search Button only. I get that error with all text boxes. I have tried all windows controls functions. I am using the drag function to to select the box or button and then hitting test to check.
So far I didn't know more cases when "Find html element" dialog would not find objects in Internet Explorer. I'd like to experiment with that page, but I cannot access it.

If you can find objects with "Find accessible object" dialog, you can select the textbox as accessible object. If you cannot find it directly, try to find some adjacent object, eg the Name label, and use Navigate to get the textbox. Please read Help about creating navigation strings.
Actually upon further testing I found all HTML element action work on the login screen but not on the second screen which in shown in my first post. It is the same window.