Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Send Mail
hey, i sent my macro to a friend, with a dialog that he types in and clicks send and it is suppost to email it to me, but he got this error!
Error (RT) in "Text /336"oText: SendMail: [Error: Negative or void server response] (0x0)
Server response: 530-5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at
530 5.5.1 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answ ... swer=14257 l12sm7684841fgb.6

it works fine on my pc when i try wmailin it to my self. thanks
If your macro is like
_s=
SendMail .......... _s

then it should work on all computers. Maybe does not work because he has old QM version.
when i had the _s stuff i get this

Error (RT) in Text: SendMail: cannot load file smtp_server smtp.gmail.com

and change it around a bit and i get some email account settings missing
or if i add some other things it pastes all my sendmail code in the quick macro output box...
how can you use send mail with out settin it up with MailSetup? im tryin to make it easy for my grandpa i got quick macros on his computer he likes to email me all the time but hes old and has trouble runnin the computer so im tryin to make a sendmail thing so he clicks on exe opens it then types message and sends but it always says some email account settings missing. he lives half ways across the world so i can't enter my setting in MailSetup is there any other way of doing it?
you can use program called teamviewer to access his computer remotly and have full controll
i love you mitch marry me LMFAO
are you joking me?
I use blat (blat.net) and qm to do the email thing. also, i use stunnel so i can encrypt it.
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
Create account in floating toolbar -> Files, web -> Send email -> Accounts. (if you don't have it. If have, only enter smtp password there)
Use floating toolbar -> Files, web -> Send email. In the dialog, check Var. Then it will insert code that does not depend on your computer and can be used on any computer. It will be like

str s=
;smtp_...
SendMail ........

If something wrong, use flag 0x80000 with SendMail. It creates log file. Read more in SendMail help.
ok, but when you use the floatin toolbar you have to put your info in there, i can't just walk to my grandpas and put the info in for him. i need it so you dont need that info,
My post was exactly about it. Create account only on your computer. Check Var and it will insert code that can be used on any computer. On other computers then don't need to set account.

When you ceck Var in the Send Mail dialog, it transfers account settings into the macro. Therefore the macro can be used on any computer. Without configuring accounts.
ok thank you im having trouble filling in everything correctly though...do you have a sccreen shot of a fake one that i could use?
note: I use this email only for testing, don't use it to contact me.

Attached Files Image(s)

ok ty
Hi Gintaras,
I am still having trouble setting up email functions. The computers where I work are set up for do not support Outlook Express (at least that I am aware of). I should be able to send out using my gmail account via popmail setting like in your example above, but so far have been unsuccessful.

Quote:Error (RT) in Function6: SendMail: [Error: Connection failure] (0x4)
Server response:

I don't know what my port settings should be - you use 465 and 995 - is there some way to find out on my system which I should be using?
Could it be that I don't have a setting set in my gmail account?

Thanks for any advice,
Stuart
Holy Guacamole!!!
I got it to work!!!!

I got the settings from:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answe...swer=13273
and
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answe...swer=13287

Standard instructions:

Enable POP in Gmail. Don't forget to click Save Changes when you're done.
Configure your client to match the settings below:
Incoming Mail (POP3) Server - requires SSL: pop.gmail.com
Use SSL: Yes
Port: 995
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS: smtp.gmail.com (use authentication)
Use Authentication: Yes
Use STARTTLS: Yes (some clients call this SSL)
Port: 465 or 587
Account Name: your full email address (including @gmail.com or @your_domain.com)
Email Address: your email address (username@gmail.com or username@your_domain.com)
Password: your Gmail password
Unless you're using recent mode to download mail to multiple clients, make sure you've opted not to leave messages on the server. Your Gmail settings determine whether or not messages stay on the server, so this setting in your client won't affect how Gmail handles your mail.

Please note that if your client does not support SMTP authentication, you won't be able to send mail through your client using your Gmail address.

Also, if you're having trouble sending mail but you've confirmed that encyrption is active for SMTP in your mail client, try to configure your SMTP server on a different port: 465 or 587.

You're now ready to use POP with your Gmail address.

Stuart
I am trying to set QM mail account to send out from my Outlook account the same way I was able to set up my iphone to work correctly but with no luck. If anyone has set up something like this with QM, please let me know. We can do PM also for security. The *** below are of course filled in with my account specifics. The key thing is that the iphone settings do work so it is possible to access the account by smpts but just not yet able to do this with QM.
Thanks!!!
Thanks so much,
Stuart

Outgoing Mail Server
Host Name: smtps.XXXXX.XXX
User Name: XXXX
Password: XXXXXX
Use SSL: ON
Authentication: Password
Server Port: 25

I have set the QM account up like this:

Function Function6