Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SQlite vs XML speed and info
I want to store allot of info from many different computers eg ip address, password, last log in day, files transfers, also want to be able to say what computers I want to be on at the time and a few other things that is why I was going to use sqlite to me seems more organized but I am not sure if it is fast enough to keep up with all of the info I need to at the time of running my macros. So I thought I could save to sqlite and when I started the program I could pull just the info I needed from sqlite into xml and then it could update xml till the macros were turned off and then repopulate sqlite. Will that be necessary??? also need to be pointed in right direction for encrypting all info into sqlite.
I did not compare xml and sqlite speed. By default, sqlite is slow, but it is possible to make it much faster. Use transactions. Use compiled queries.

I think xml should be used with small amount of data, eg < 1MB. Because it stores whole file + IXmlNode objects in memory. Sqlite file size is unlimited.

Cannot help with encrypting.
thank you I think I will store in SQlite and the info that I need to actually run the file should be pretty small it will just need to be called allot and I think xml is best thank you for advice.