Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Search Type
I'd love to be able to do a search with an option of searching only by type (i.e. toolbar, menu etc). That way I can save the search and go to it and always see all my toolbars.
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
To all experts of QM,

I for one cannot search for a macro to simulate a typewriter. Do we have a good example in the forum?
I really tried for a search and I have not been successful. Do we need to use the command such as
wait and key commands?

Please come to the rescue.

Thanks a lot,

Josh
Simulate typewriter? What it should do?
Gintaras,

What I needed is just like

opening notepad (run "notepad.exe" and then a series of texts will be type across the screen (simulating like a typewriter) using delayed timer.
Kindly help. I tried using wait and key but I am not successful. There must be a trick somewhere. I shall be thankful if you can help me with this.

I tried this but it is not working.

run "notepad.exe"
wait 2
key " This will type like a typewriter. If this is lengthy will this automatically go to the next line?".
key "What am I doing wrong? Which or where in the forum can a good example be found?"

Sincerely,

Josh
Macro Macro1406
Code:
Copy      Help
run "notepad.exe"
wait 2
str s=
;;This will type like a typewriter. If this is lengthy will this automatically go to the next line?
;What am I doing wrong? Which or where in the forum can a good example be found?

s.wrap(30)
opt slowkeys 1
spe 300
key (s)
Gintaras,

I congratulate you for your best support. I rate it as #10. I went ahead and purchased your software today.
Hope to get the registration key soon. The "typewriter script" is so great . Anyway, I am inviting all users to use it.

I am excited to learn more goodies from you .

Best Support, best priced automation software.

Thanks a lot for making my days.

Josh,
California, USA

PS:
On the typewriter script, Is there an add-on script to highlight
some of the texts in different colors or text styles/format...
example italics, bold , size 12 and blue?
Depends on application where the text is typed. Insert keyboard or mouse commands that format the text.
Gintaras,

How do I stop a simulated typewriter running script in QM if I am the reader ? To pause it I tried
using the Edit key by clicking then holding it....releasing it will make it continue typing.

What are the legit steps to stop or pause A TYPEWRITER script?

Thanks for coming to the rescue.

Josh
of California
press key Pause