Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Click a link in Google Chrome
I am building a macro that operates a web page using Google Chrome. One of the links that I need to press appears in various places depending on what information is displayed on the page. Chrome will point me to the exact Javascript code for the link which references a function, but I have no knowledge of how to address it in a macro.

the code for the link is
Quote:<a onclick="return DoDeleteDownloads();" id="ctl00_ContentBody_PQDownloadList_uxDownloadPQList_ctl03_lnkDeleteSelected" href="javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ContentBody$PQDownloadList$uxDownloadPQList$ctl03$lnkDeleteSelected','')">Delete</a>

Just to let you know, my programing skills were all learned on mini computers years ago so I have only a few self taught skills in windows programing, mostly in writing simple Excel macros.
QM does not have nothing better for this than scan. Use "Find Image" dialog from the floating toolbar.

In other browsers - IE, FF, Opera - could use accessible objects.
Thanks for the reply. I looked at the scan function, with my limited programing experience it didn't seem to help. I t involves finding an image but this link doesn't have one.

Looking at it another way. Is it possible to find a word on the web page and use that result to click on the link?
scan can find a word as image. For a link you need to find one of 2 images if link color changes when visited.

Also try this:
Screen Scrape Text Capture
I am beginning to see how that works. I'll keep plugging away at it.

Thanks
Tom