Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Analyze Audio
I have to load audio that has a slate on the front end of the mp3.

After the slate there is a couple seconds of silence...then the actual audio I want to keep starts.

Is there any way to analyze mp3 files for audio and silence? Is there any way to trim out the beginning?

Thanks,
jimmy Vig
I would use Audacity or similar program.
I can't figure out how to get audacity to batch process through a directory of MP3 files.

I've figured out how to write a script to automate it through Adobe Audition. Works good, but cannot run it through command line. Have to open audition and go through the dialogs to load the audio. From here, Audition opens each file, runs the script, and saves the files. I was really hoping to have this get done in the background.

Truly, I'm curious about working with MP3 files through code.

Thanks,
Jimmy Vig
Would need to convert mp3 to raw sound data (like in wav files), process it, and convert to MP3 again. All it is too difficult.

Maybe you can find a command line program for it.
That's what I was hoping for. I really like your recommendation for image manipulation using irfanview. That program has so many great options through the command line. I was really hoping you'd know of something like that for audio! Wow, a command line audio manipulation program would be awesome!!

I really don't like audacity much. Sure it does everything needed for editing, but as far as being open source and allowing for control with QM, not so much!

Thanks,
Jimmy Vig
SoX...gonna check it out.
http://sox.sourceforge.net/

Mp3splt
http://mp3splt.sourceforge.net/mp3splt_page/home.php
One of the features is "split files automatically with silence detection"
Also has library, Libmp3splt.

I'll be working on this today...I'll update as I figure stuff out (Help is as always appreciated!)

Thanks,
Jimmy Vig
mp3split works great!!

Code:
Copy      Help
str s="$desktop$\CONVERTED\Downloaded MP3  to convert\30R103002.mp3"
s.expandpath
str Command=
F
;-s -p th=-50,nt=3 "{s}" -Q
run "C:\Program Files\mp3splt\mp3splt.exe" Command

I see there is a tool for Mp3Wrap that will join files. I need this too! Awesome day in audio engineering for me!

Thanks,
Jimmy Vig