Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virtual desktops
Hey folks,

I've been toying with QM locally and I it's pretty amazing at being able to identify objects for access. Before I commit and load things up at work I am wondering if anyone has worked in say, citrix successfully? Would we be able to create a macro on a local machine that will be able to run through into the citrix window?

I created a small macro which worked on my system no problem clicking in the window but naturally it will fall over on another system with different resolution etc.

So, my main reason for asking here is that some users have different resolutions and setups and we couldn't create a macro for each possible setup.

I doubt QM can identify objects through citrix?

I'd like to be wrong though ;o)

Any thoughts/info of experience are appreciated
Quote:I doubt QM can identify objects through citrix?

Probably can't, because usually these objects exist only on other computer. On your computer - just one big image.
I use QM with Citrix a lot.
You are right about QM not beeing able to detect objects through Citrix altough QM offers a whole other options that might help like 'wait for image' and 'move mouse to image'. They can help a lot with Citrix sessions.
There are a lot of flaws that you have to take care when automating stuff on Citrix but with some work and a lot of trial and error you can get things going Smile
I am trying to resize and move a citrix window.
res, mix and max work for the citrix window but not mov or siz.

Code:
Copy      Help
int w=win("Sample Citrix App - \\Remote" "Transparent Windows Client")
min w;;works
res w;;works

mov 100 100 w;; doesn't work

Any ideas?
S
Try SWP_NOSENDCHANGING flag.

Macro Macro2776
Code:
Copy      Help
SetWindowPos w 0 0 0 500 300 SWP_NOZORDER|SWP_NOACTIVATE|SWP_NOMOVE|SWP_NOSENDCHANGING
Perfect!

Why do you think it works better than mov/siz/mov+?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... 45(v=vs.85).aspx

Thanks again,
Stuart
siz/mov calls SetWindowPos without SWP_NOSENDCHANGING. Then the window procedure receives a message and can prevent or modify the action.