Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
addline ftp
I want to be able to addlines to a notepad in our server. would i need to download the notepad each time and upload it again or does ftp support addline. I see a function called fileputstr? and FilegetStr? but cannot find an example on how to use these. If these do what i think they do and store variables on the server i believe it would be better and faster for what i need because i could simply get the variable add a line then overwrite the old?
i figured this out now i set the wrong directory. so variable was failing to set or retrieve the infomation.
thx anyway
is there a flag to overwrite variable? It isnt changing only worked first time
QM does not have a function to append to a FTP file. Need to download to variable, append, upload. Could be used APPE with http://Ftp.Cmd, but it does not work well.
so i guess im best sticking to getting the file text to variable adding a line delete old file and making new.
thx i would of wasted hours trying to do this hard to see why it wouldnt work. How come its posible to rename files but not replace text inside? if they was public would this make any difference