Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use images with alpha?
I know that you can use only .bmp images and i tried so hard to find a way to add alpha channel to them but with 0 success Sad I did figure out that i can achieve some level of functionality by creating custom icons within QM and than create alpha with the er-razor tool but it's only 16x16 pixels. Which can't store as much information as id need it to.

I wish to take an image of any size and shape, make alpha out of background and remove parts that i don't need and that use it with find image function like i do with regular .bmp 's
I know there is a option to make a mask of the top left pixel, but it works well only if my background is solid color and in most cases for me it's not so i use it rarely..

So is there any way to achieve this?

Thank you for your help
scan ignores alpha channel of bmp. It is rarely used with bmp, and would create more problems than be useful.

How scan works with alpha icons? It creates mask from all alpha pixels of the icon, ie from pixels where alpha is not 255 (255 is completely opaque). Then, when searching, does not compare these pixels with screen pixels. Similarly, if used bmp and flag 4, it creates mask from all pixels of the image that match color of top-left pixel.

It means that you don't need to add alpha channel to bmp images. But you can create mask manually. Open the image in mspaint or other editor and draw mask with color of top-left pixel. Then use flag 4 with scan. All mask pixels will not be compared with screen pixels when searching.
You sir are a true genius! Confusedhock: I cant believe how simple that solution is and effective! And i spent hours and hours obsessing about the alpha channel :mrgreen:
I'm still in shock Smile

Thank you !