Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exact window name?
I am struggling to do a very simple thing, but my macro is not working... Please help!

Desired behavior:
I am reviewing audio files that have VARIABLE LENGTH. I play them in foobar2000, wait for the audio file to play entirely, then I will go to Excel and write down "OK". Rinse and repeat.

When the audio player is still, its window name is simply "foobar2000 v1.1.13". When an audio file is playing back, the window name changes to "AUDIOFILENAME.WAV [foobar2000 v1.1.13]", and when it finishes playing the window name again reverts to simply "foobar2000 v1.1.13". So I need to wait until the audio player is in still mode again, and only then go to Excel and mark as OK.

how can I do this, since when i wait for the window "foobar2000 v1.1.13" it is not an EXACT MATCH, because it also 'picks up' the window name with the .WAV part... or is there any way for me to wait until the [foobar2000 v1.1.13] disappears?

thank you, I know that's too simple for you but please enlighten my way!!

ROGER
It is flag 1 in function win(). With this flag you can use wildcard characters *? in window name; if you don't use wildcard characters, name must match exactly. When using dialogs to create code, check 'Use *'.

Macro Macro1808
Code:
Copy      Help
wait 0 WC win("exact window name" "" "" 1)
brilliant, that solves the problem! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I'm using version 2.0.9 (registered) on windows 7 (x64). What is the latest version number? Is there an upgrade available?
Now 2.3.3. Can download from http://www.quickmacros.com
I am having a similar problem.
When I allow the dialog box or the record function grab the window it's name comes up as:
int w1=act(win("FlexiSIGN-PRO - [R9-13 18x18]" "FlexiSIGN-PRO"))
The Flexi software can come in several flavors FlexiSIGN-PRO -LETTER -SIGN -EXPERT etc. additionally, the file name : [R9-13 18x18] varies for every file opened and I am using this macro to do a very complicated and tedious routine that we need to repeat several thousand times.

I tried :
int w1=act(win("FlexiSIGN*" "FlexiSIGN*"))
int w1=act(win("FlexiSIGN?" "FlexiSIGN?"))
int w1=act(win("FlexiSIGN-PRO*" "FlexiSIGN-PRO"))
I still keep getting the same message that the Window Cannot Be Found.
This is getting frustrating. Any advice?
If want to use *? in window name, need flag 1.