Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QM Chat Room/Window
Hello everyone.

Just so you have an idea before what you read, so you can understand what I'm trying to do. Basically, I use Yahoo Messenger to talk to my friends.

I would like to know if it is possible to create a " Chat Box " with qm and communicate with each other. If you know how the chat windows works in YM, then you know exactly what I'm trying to create.

Is this possible ?

** On a side note. I can create a dialog and make qm read my temporary chat ims I'm working with. It works by me typing a message or chat into the box, I hit enter and then its sent via email from qm onto the internet using YAHOO MAIL and then back into the other persons chat window using a unique ID I set up. In order for them to receive the message, they need to click, ACCEPT MESSAGE ( something I wrote ) in order for them to receive it in chat ** How ever, this method is far difficult and time consuming. Is there another easier way than the way I created ?

Thanks
I think YM and similar programs use TCP connection.
QM TCP functions: TCP/IP server and client
The functions are tested only in local network, but should work on Internet too. Need to know IP, set firewalls to allow your port, etc. Fast but not easy.