Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enabling and Disabling QM - Audible Beep?
Gintaras,

There's an accessibility feature in WindowsXP called ToggleKeys. You might be familiar with it. When I hit my Capslock, Scroll Lock or Numlock keys with the feature enabled, I hear an audible beep from my PC speaker that alerts me when I enable or disable the key. It's a high beep when I enable one of those keys and a low beep when they've been disabled. It's great.

Can you include something similar in a future version of Quick Macros? I often use your software with full screen applications and I find it difficult to tell whether my macros are enabled or disabled. I turn QM on and off frequently with the hotkey I set (F2). It would be great to have that high and low speaker beep when it's been toggled on or off. Perhaps that feature could be a checkbox option, so that those who don't prefer the audible reminder could supress it.

Proton
In QM 2.1.7, you will be able to set sounds in Options -> Sounds.

QM 2.1.7 should be released this week.
Gintaras Wrote:In QM 2.1.7, you will be able to set sounds in Options -> Sounds.

The sound menu in the alpha doesn't do exactly what I'm after, but I figured out a way to give QM the feature indirectly.

I assigned my tray icon toggle hotkey to the ScrollLock key. Since that's one of the keys included in Windows' ToggleKeys feature, not only do I get an audio reminder that my triggers are activated or deactivated, but I get a visual one too -- a little LED on my keyboard.

Thank goodness the ScrollLock isn't used in many programs these days.

Proton