Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macro trigger on mouse button press
It’s easy enough to trigger a macro by pressing a mouse button and then lifting it. But can a macro be triggered immediately once the button is pressed?

Yes, this is a pretty fiddly difference. But I’ve gotten myself into trouble quite a few times with a macro which triggers when a button is lifted — Intuitively, I’m somehow expecting it to run when the button is pressed, instead.
9: ) Lindsey Dubb
Assign a filter function that launches the macro using mac. Filter functions run on button down, because they must have a chance to eat the mouse message.

Every mouse-button macro that has this filter function runs on button down:

Code:
Copy      Help
;/
function# iid FILTER&f

mac iid ;;run the macro now, not when button is released
ret -1 ;;eat the mouse message if Eat is checked
Thanks — That works great! I wasn’t sure whether this was a Wish List or a programming question. Looks like it is, indeed, doable.

For anyone curious — I’ve got my mousewheel “button” mapped to perform a double click (except in Firefox). When the double click triggered on mouse button up, that would sometimes cause an unexpected drag rather than a double click if I had accidentally moved the mouse between pressing and releasing the button.
I’ve noticed a small oddity with this — It results in the (desired) double click, but there’s apparently also a middle-click event. I’m not sure if the middle click isn’t being “eaten” by my macro, or if it’s the middle-button-up event which is being detected.

This is more of a quirk than a problem — most programs ignore middle clicks, anyhow. The one spot where it shows up is with Quick Macro’s own taskbar menu, where a middle click temporarily disables any macro triggers.

In case it’s relevant, the macro’s text is:
Code:
Copy      Help
dou
(yep, pretty simple)
and the trigger is the middle mouse button, with Gintaras’ suggested filter function. The “eat” checkbox for the macro is activated.
Yes, WM_MBUTTONUP is posted. The double click is intercepted by the mouse hook and resets filtering of middle mouse button up message.
double left sysmenu doesn't work for me, because it
gets eaten by left sysmenu.

how can i perform multi clicks like tripple left sysmenu ?
pi