Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback on new version 2.3.4.8
Hi Gintaras,
Thank you so much for continuing to make QM better with every version. I am making new converts all the time. I am enjoying the new version immensely and wanted to let you know what I really like and what I think you could still use some improvement.

- I love the Open Items and Running Items palettes!!!!! So handy to see at a glance!!! Though I wish the right-click menu on the items in this list allowed you to copy/Ctrl-C like the search menu result items.

- The WindowText class is a lifesaver for me for .NET modules that don't allow you to scrape any other way. Thanks for developing this!!!!

- F format strings

- child supports Windows Forms (.NET) control name !!!!

- wait WT !!!

-don't need to register mailbee com components!

- png support

- Chrome acc support

- easier tooltips - but if you need to change the tooltip dynamically, do you just use the old way or is there a new way to update?

- exe version info - cool but is it accessible in the code - like in an info box to use in a formatted version field?

Things I miss from previous versions.....

- setwintext being in the Window/Control actions - I know it is now in the Text dialog but it seems to make logical sense in the original location as well.

- The button action dialogs under Control-specific actions - (and also CB and LB actions) - these were helpful wizards. I am much more able to code in QM without the wizards now but I know they helped me a lot early on and still are of use (e.g. the copy/rename options etc - which are still present!).

Thanks again for everything Gintaras!!!

S
Quote:- easier tooltips - but if you need to change the tooltip dynamically, do you just use the old way or is there a new way to update?
Function dialog_tooltip_update
Code:
Copy      Help
\Dialog_Editor
function# hDlg message wParam lParam
if(hDlg) goto messages

if(!ShowDialog("dialog_tooltip_update" &dialog_tooltip_update)) ret

;BEGIN DIALOG
;0 "" 0x90C80AC8 0x0 0 0 223 135 "Dialog"
;3 Button 0x54032000 0x0 10 12 48 14 "Button" "tttt"
;1 Button 0x54030001 0x4 120 116 48 14 "OK"
;2 Button 0x54030000 0x4 170 116 48 14 "Cancel"
;END DIALOG
;DIALOG EDITOR: "" 0x2030408 "*" "" "" ""

ret
;messages
sel message
,case WM_INITDIALOG
,case WM_DESTROY
,case WM_COMMAND goto messages2
ret
;messages2
sel wParam
,case 3
,__Tooltip& tt=DT_GetTooltip(hDlg); if(!&tt) ret
,tt.Update(3 _s.RandomString(4 4))
ret 1
Quote:- exe version info - cool but is it accessible in the code - like in an info box to use in a formatted version field?

Attached Files
.qml   FileVersionInfo.qml (Size: 2.42 KB / Downloads: 6,793)
Thanks...amazing stuff...don't know how you code so fast!!!
S