Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Excel Macros 30 Second Countdown Clock
Hi,

I have been trying to program a count down clock to use at my sports club. the idea is that on a key press the countdown clock starts counting down from 30, when it reaches the end it flashes a couple of times and then the screen stays black ready for the next activation upon a key press. It also needs to be pause-able so that on another key press (different key) the countdown stops (and wherever the countdown has got to - 10 seconds for example will stay on the screen visible) then when the key is pressed again (or a different key) the countdown continues as normal from where it got to. finally there also needs to be a reset feature that sends the program back to a state as if no keys had been pressed ready for the countdown to start again.

At the moment i have a program that will do the first stage (although it is a little bit laggy at starting straight away on the key press) but the program doesn't have a pause feature and the reset feature is not working, when i try and do it by pressing the key it clears the screen for a second and then the countdown re appears and carry's on.

I have attached the code, currently being used through one form in VB and 2 Modules (should make sense, each file has the code for one of the sections)

Any help anyone can give on any of the problems (including the laggy start) would be great!

Thanks in advance!!!!

Attached Files
.txt   Clock Macros.txt (Size: 2 KB / Downloads: 444)
.txt   Variables for timer.txt (Size: 295 bytes / Downloads: 399)
.txt   Window 1.txt (Size: 1.69 KB / Downloads: 469)