Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Quick Macros
Hi,

I just purchased Quick Macros, but I'm having a little bit of a problem deciding just how to use the program. I have written a number of macros, but they were all of a type that existed inside a single program, like Excel or Word. I have several programs that I would like to use with Quick Macros, but some of the hot keys and toolbars might be the same for two different programs. Perhaps a couple of questions might help to clarify things for me.
1) When I install QM initially, are there already macros defined, that might cause a conflict with programs I am already running? If so, do I shut QM down or what?
2) In your help file, you talk about QM macro list files. Are these essentially a collection of macros, menus and toolbars intended to work with ONE particular program? If so, do I use that list by using QM.exe and the qml on the command line? How do I stop that file if I then want to use another program that uses a different qml file?
Thanks for any help you can give me.
1. No. Just several sample macros in the Samples folder, but their triggers are initially disabled.
2. No. A QM file is a collection or macros etc that are intended to work with any programs. Usually you use just 1 QM file. Multiple files can be useful for example to export/import part of macros to other files.
OK, then that poses two problems for me:

1) How do I prevent QM from interfering with Hot-keys already hard coded into programs I already have?

2) Does that mean that I can only have one hot-key macro (for example, triggered by Ctrl+F12) that has to apply to all programs I am using? If it does, that seriously limits the flexibility of the programming I can do.
Look in Properties dialog, Trigger, Keyboard, Programs.