Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Text
I have recently received a macro file from a close friend through email. He uses this code everyday so I know it works. The thing is that when I run it I get an "unknown identifier" error. When I go to the text to fix the problem, I can't read it. It is in a strange text which looks like this ???????? Any ideas on whats wrong or how to fix it? Thanks
The macro is most likely encrypted. You must get the password from your friend to decrypt it. Then we can figure out the error message.
Matt
Matt B
Do you see "System" folder in the list at left?
Ok. I asked my friend if he had a password on the file, he said no. Is there a way to tell if it password protected? And at first, there was not a system folder in the file i got. I added it to there after it didn't work ( I hope I did it the right way). I went to my folder where my macros are and went to the system file and hit export, saved it, and reloaded it into the new macro....... Still doesnt work....... I was going to update to the latest version of QM, but heard there were problems with the speed of it, so I didn't update yet. And i was going to try satrting over and put the system folder in first and then import the file, don't know if it would matter or not. Thanks
If you can, revert all as it was before you opened the encrypted macro file, and then import it (not open).

Normally, you have a single main macro-list file. When you get a macro file from a friend, you should import it, not open.

In the macro list at the left you should always see "System" folder. If you don't see it, add System file as shared file (menu File -> Add Shared ...). If you see it in the list but it is without blue S in the folder image, at first delete it from the list, and then add System file as shared file. After all, restart QM.
Thanks for the help..... This is what i did. Deleted QM from PC. Redownloaded it and installed. "Imported" the macro file..... Bam !!! Works perfectly now....... Still cant read it tho, lol...... Don't care if I can't read it, doesn't really matter..... Thanks again.