Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
qm to replace katmouse
Quote: The prime purpose of the KatMouse utility is to enhance the functionality of mice with a scroll wheel, offering 'universal' scrolling: moving the mouse wheel will scroll the window directly beneath the mouse cursor (not the one with the keyboard focus, which is default on Windows OSes). IMO this is a major increase in the usefullness of the mouse wheel.

what is the best way to do this with qm ?

i have two filters for mouse wheel up and down, but they work only when
the window is active.
pi
I use Scroll Macros created by RS. Works really well. Just import, and mouse wheel will begin to scroll control under mouse pointer, not focused control.

I noticed only two small problems:
1. Temporarily stops working while a macro is running.
2. May not scroll some tree view and similar controls when mouse pointer is over tooltip that is shown when item (row) text does not fit in visible part.

Attached Files
.qml   Scroll Macros 1.01 Beta.qml (Size: 15.91 KB / Downloads: 437)
wow, thats pretty cool.

but where do i insert my filter functions now ?
i need it for pearpc (macos x emulator) which has no mousewheel
support. i simply send a key U or D to pearpc ...
pi
If the scroll macros now are above in the list, place them below and restart QM. Edit the filter functions so that they would return -2 if not over pearpc.
I've been using Scroll Macros since this post was first generated. After all these years they have worked nearly flawless. However, I recently moved to OpenOffice.org from MS Office. I can't get the macros to scroll any of the OpenOffice apps (v 2.4 and 3.0). I have tried every option in the code that I could find. Anybody had any luck with this? I tried Katmouse, it works but it breaks the other scroll triggers and I'd rather do it in QM.

Thanks,
Matt B
Does not work because the code tries to get child window from mouse, but openoffice windows don't have child windows (I see this first time).

In Scroll_

replace

Function Scroll_
Code:
Copy      Help
cw=RealChild(p.x p.y); if(!cw) ret

to

Function Scroll_
Code:
Copy      Help
cw=RealChild(p.x p.y); if(!cw) cw=win(mouse)
Thanks a million Gintaras!
Matt B