Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
image file lost
When I ran a macro this morning I got a message saying file may be corrupted. Since the computer crashed last night I assumed that might happened when I rebooted. So I imported the backup, but now all the captured images that were in the macro are lost. I'm not sure if they are really lost (there are many images) or just not linked correctly. Any help to understand how to proceed would be appreciated. Is it not safe to capture images as part of the macro?
I ran the restore function i found in the forum and that recovered the resource files.

Is there a way to export the resource files of a macro to external files? I was thinking it might be safer to have these scanned images saved externally.
Quote:Is it not safe to capture images as part of the macro?
Should be safe. For example, I tested restoring this macro from backup, and it restored the image too.
Macro Macro2487
Code:
Copy      Help
int w=win("Quick Macros Forum • View topic - image file lost - Mozilla Firefox" "MozillaWindowClass")
scan "image:h44F0CC06" w 0 1|2|16
But possibly the internal resources table also is corrupt. Instead of importing one or several macros from a backup file, replace your main file with the backup file.

To manage macro resources, use the Resources dialog: menu Tools -> Resources, or toolbar button. Select <all> to see all images that are in current QM file. Also you can open a backup file and try to find the images there in the Resources dialog. In the dialog you can export a resource to a file too.

Quote:I ran the restore function i found in the forum and that recovered the resource files.
Where is the function?
the function I ran was at the bottom this post called Function RepairQmFile . it worked and recovered the file.

Something is odd