Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
newbie jumpstart request
Hello Quick Macros—
I used to be a programmer in the 1960's, writing code, often in machine language. But that was more than 50 years ago and things have changed, to say the least, and I have changed from young to old.

It would help a lot to get started if I could see the actual code and syntax for a couple of simple macros. In seeing the practical code for these actions, I could then figure out the rest.

For instance,

how to start "Calculator", bring it to the top and give it the focus?

And

how to start my music editing program (Finale) and give it a processor priority of "HIGH", which is necessary to avoid audio stuttering.
I know how to do this manually in Task Manager, and I know the risk of doing it, and my 4-core CPU can easily handle it, but I am rebellious against Microsoft's dictatorial policies, and it's my personal opinion that this setting should be easily automated for those who understand the possible consequences.
To run any program use run program from the floating toolbar on qm window(the icon with a folder and a magnifying glass) or drag and drop the program shortcut in the qm editor window.
example
run "$system$\calc.exe" ;;Calculator
explore the toolbar on QM main window for many options.
For more info please read qm help.
There is a ton of information on how to get started using QM in the qm help file
to change process priority check out this post.
http://www.quickmacros.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=575