Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QuickMacro - MacroExpress Pro
I'm considering Quick Macro. I have used Macro Express Role over the last several years. But it seems over the last 2 years there have not been any updates and I have never been totally happy with trying to create a macro where timing was an issue. In other words, when using timing you had to be very precise or the macro would crash or hang up. Or if you're not familiar with Macro Express but can give me an idea as to how timing works with this macro, that would work.

Here's an example of what I mean by timing:
I might have to load a window and on my next command execute an item within the window. And have to make sure that the command I want to execute doesn't come too fast because the window was closed. That's just one example. But there are many timing requirements and what I do.
Bob
QM commands in almost all cases wait until a command is done.
Window based commands have special WAIT functions which you can access by the toolbar at the topright, 4th icon from left.
You can build your macro by just using that toolbar if you want.

An example
Run program X, double cick item Y, close program X.

step 1:
You could do this by first going to topright toolbar click on "Files / Web >> Run Program", a dialog pops up where you can fill in all the details regarding the program (minimized, hidden, pass parameters to the application,wait for window become active....etc....)

step 2:
Go to top toolbar and click WAIT, a window pops up. Here you can select to wait on (window: active, created,exit, visible, enabled,...) OR wait on key OR wait on mous button OR color, cpu kernel object....
Here you could select "Window visible" once this option is selected you can input other parameters like 'Window' or 'Control' (meaning: wait on window or a control within that window).

step 3:
The top righ toolbar also has other window actions, the 5th icon from the left "Windows, controls", her I would move an resize the window so that the window is always at the same position AND resize it so that ALL window dialog controls are visible.

step 4:
the 3d icon from the left in the top right toolbar ("Mouse") is the mouse actions toolbar, here you can select on WHAT to click.
just click that 3d icon from the left called "Mouse", the select the second option in the left "Double click" then drag the purple/white rectangle you see in that window an drag it to the COORDINATES or CONTROL of the desired window.

step 5:
Close the program, see step 3 click the "Windows/controls" icon, then select "window/control actions", then look at the left side of the dialog that pops-up, it contains an option "Close", click on it and then again drag the puple white rectangle....

Now you have almost bulletproofed a macro.
I say almost, because I just explained it globally you might have to fine tune the dialogs see when going through step 1 to 5.
Executing the 5 steps I described is about a minute work including some fine tuning. Without any form of scripting/programming.

Gintaras can explain this better, but maybe this explanation can you give some clues.

EDIT: forgot to mention, there is also a 'step 6', 'WAIT for window closed', If you succefully did step 1 to 5, then step 6 should be no problem.
QM can wait process or function ends using handle like below

__handle A = mac("function1")
wait 0 H A

runs and waits function1 until ends