Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quickly change screen brightness
Every computer has its own shotcuts to change brightness.
The problem in my laptop is that its shortcuts change brightness by too big steps.
I have used many sotwares that are able to change brightness, but it seems that they do not act in the real power of my screen: they change brightness, but within a small range; perhaps because they operate on the graphic card and not on the screen brightness power. When I use my laptop keys dedicated to brightness, I see it changing with real power; the problem is: too large steps.
The only software that changes the real power brightness by small steps in my laptop is the horizontal scrollbar that is visible when I open, on Windows 10, Control Panel > Power Options; it is in the lower part of that window.

[Image: cx8DB.jpg]

Is there in QM any function or macro, able to modify the screen brightness by interacting with the brightness power values set by this Windows horizontal scrollbar?
Code from http://stackoverflow.duapp.com/question ... -windows-7

Macro screen brightness
Code:
Copy      Help
CsFunc("" 50) ;;here 50 is brightness, 0 to 100

#ret
//C# code
using System;
using System.Management;

public class Test
{
public static void SetBrightness(byte targetBrightness)
{
ManagementScope scope = new ManagementScope("root\\WMI");
SelectQuery query = new SelectQuery("WmiMonitorBrightnessMethods");
using(ManagementObjectSearcher searcher = new ManagementObjectSearcher(scope, query))
{
using(ManagementObjectCollection objectCollection = searcher.Get())
{
foreach(ManagementObject mObj in objectCollection)
{
mObj.InvokeMethod("WmiSetBrightness", new Object[] { UInt32.MaxValue, targetBrightness });
break;
}
}
}
}
}
Very efficient!