Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CaptureImageOrColor : Window hides
There exist cases that after launching CaptureImageOrColor a certain window on screen hides and it reappears when capturing is concluded. Such a typical case is that of windows created with "Simple Sticky Notes" software. As a matter of fact these windows can be captured using Print Screen.Any advice is mostly welcome and appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
I cannot reproduce.
Test code:
Macro Macro2967
Code:
Copy      Help
str sf="$temp$\CaptureImageOrColor.bmp"
if(!CaptureImageOrColor(0 0 0 sf)) ret
run sf
del- sf
Windows 10.
Simple Sticky Notes 4.1.1.
Thank you. The only difference we have is that I am running XP. I am still wondering why the SN window is hidden.

(02-20-2018, 04:35 PM)ssimop Wrote: Thank you. The only difference we have is that I am running XP. I am still wondering why the SN window is hidden.
The problem is initiated in statement :

Quote:MoveWindow hDlg d.xs d.ys d.cxs d.cys 0 ;;cover whole screen

in sub Dlg.

I tested it with mov+ unsuccessfully. Any advice is mostly welcome.

The problem is initiated in statement :

MoveWindow hDlg d.xs d.ys d.cxs d.cys 0 ;;cover whole screen

in sub Dlg.

I tried it with mov+ but unsuccessfully.

Any advice is mostly welcome.
I get exactly the same problem with an ordinary QM toolbar if - and only if - the toolbar has opacity, namely if its color is 0xC0FFFF. Not problem if color is empty!
(02-20-2018, 04:35 PM)ssimop Wrote: The problem is initiated in statement :

MoveWindow hDlg

It should be earlier, in d.bms.Create. MoveWindow just shows the screen bitmap in a full-screen window which is on top of all windows.

Does this work correctly?
Macro Macro2965
Code:
Copy      Help
str sf="$temp$\CaptureImageOrColor.bmp"
if(!CaptureImageOnScreen(0 0 ScreenWidth ScreenHeight sf)) ret
run sf
del- sf
Tested on Windows XP. Yes, partially transparent windows are not captured. Will try to find why.
I am afraid no! The QM toolbar is not captured, unless its color property is empty. I am now convinced, it has nothing to do with sticky notes, it is only the opacity that produces this error. Thank you for your continuous support.
Fixed in this System file.

Exit QM, open QM folder, delete System.qml. Download the attachment and save in QM folder.

Attached Files
.qml   System.QML (Size: 1.95 MB / Downloads: 268)
Thank you very much indeed ! It is now working perfectly. Best personal regards.