Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible memory issue
I don't know if this is qm related or from the ie browser control but
When using a browser control in a dialog the memory of course goes way up when navigating .After closing the dialog some  memory is released but qm does not return to memory size before running browser control dialog. on avg for me about 10-20 megs of memory is added to previous total. if i run again another 10-20 megs is added to previous memory total after closing. 
It's not a lot but overtime it can add up.
Is this a bug?
If not is there anyway to manage the memory?

I noticed if i click the close button on qm window and then show it again from notification area most of the added memory has been released.
Web browser control does not like multiple threads. Some pages OK, some add several MB after closing each time, YouTube refuses to load 3-rd time. I also tested in .NET app, the same. For YouTube I have a workaround, but it does not work for other pages. Look for workarounds in stackoverflow etc. As an often suggested workaround, I can only suggest to run the dialog in separate process.
Quote:I noticed if i click the close button on qm window and then show it again from notification area most of the added memory has been released.

Not released. Just moved to the paging file.

-------

The YouTube workaround is this function. Maybe will work for some other pages too.

Function WebBrowserMemoryLeakWorkaround
Code:
Copy      Help
;/
function hwndWB

;Call this func under case WM_DESTROY.

SHDocVw.WebBrowser we3._getcontrol(hwndWB)
we3.Navigate("about:blank")
opt waitmsg 1
1 ;;minimal working time with YouTube was 0.3
DestroyWindow hwndWB
Thank  you  kinda thought  it  was the webbrowser control  doing it. I will implement  your  suggestions