Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global keyboard shortcut not properly registered
HI
When I make a new macro and assign a global keyboard macro to it, it's instantly being invoked on key press.
After computer restart it seems the keyboard macros seem not properly initialized or being overriden by application local keyboard shortcut when the app is started after QM (on logon)

As example I have this macro to work only when pressed in browser window

Code:
Copy      Help
if(!wintest(win "" "MozillaWindowClass" "firefox")) ret
'H[b]E[/b]
with shortuct Ctrl-B. At macro creation time it works, but after I start Windows again, bookmarks sidebar opens instead.
I cannot reproduce it. Tested on Windows 10 with Firefox.

If all QM hotkeys sometimes stop working and then start working after restarting QM, need to change one value in registry:
https://superuser.com/questions/1092890/...for-window
Registry hack not working for me on Windows 8.1 with Firefox. I will yet wait to upcoming Windows restart.
Instead macro with hotkey Ctrl-B bookmarks sidebar is opened (note there is a shortcut conflict which I intend to be overriden by QM).
The true workaround in my case is to quit and restart QM (not quite a solution I wish).
(Only) from then the shortcuts defined in QM takes precedence. I'm afraid that Firefox when started "steals" the keyboard handler for it's own control.
Another workaround - run this macro:

Code:
Copy      Help
RestoreTriggers
This helps, but the question is when it should be autorun?
If I set it up to start with Windows, the browser (or whatever target app) that launches after QM overrides the shortcut handler
I need the triggers should be re-registered always when the target application is launched and finishes registration of own shortcuts.
That should generally apply on any application where QM is invoked by keyboard shortcut.
On the second side I don't wish QM continually evaluated all processes (obviously it eats system resources)
For example use a window trigger.

---
Normally Firefox and other apps don't register such global hotkeys that would disable QM hotkeys. Possibly is is a hidden keylogger, or some incorrectly programmed app, or one of your macros that uses low-level keyboard hook (WH_KEYBOARD_LL) incorrectly.