Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.create not in blue font colour in code - odd?
I noticed something strange

ARRAY(double) test
test.create(100)

the .create part is usually in blue font when I am coding but for some reason it is in black for some of my many arrays I am creating.

Does this matter and if so what is the cause (too much code/ too many arrays/something else)?
try to restart qm. your code works fine on my end. If create is black then it will not work

should look like this if correct

Code:
Copy      Help
ARRAY(double) test
test.create(100)
Isn't it this case?

Macro Macro338
Code:
Copy      Help
int test

ARRAY(double) test
test.create(100)
Thanks Kevin.

Restarted qm but still the same problem

Many of my ARRAYS and .create are in the correct colour but then part way down the code (very large) they just turn black?!
check Gintaras suggestion and see if the variable  is declared as another type.

also post complete code where this happens will be easier to find the cause
I checked and for exmple I have 2 arrays identical in all but name and one has .create in blue and one is in black - strange?!

ARRAY(double) slow
ARRAY(double) fast

slow.create(100)
fast.create(100)
Quote:Many of my ARRAYS and .create are in the correct colour but then part way down the code (very large) they just turn black?!
 please post entire function/macro code where this happens
Thanks Kevin.

Code is huge (thousands of lines) and I need somebody elses permission to share which i cannot obtain at the moment sorry.

I noticed when I copy and paste small sections of the code into a new macro the problem is fixed but when I paste the whole macro the problem is still there - may be it is a resource issue??

I am baffled!
If the macro can run (no error), probably it is a code highlighting bug.
Code seems to run ok  so I think  you are correct it is just a highlighting error bug

Thank you for your help