Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two questions
Is it possible to make applications like Paint, Wordpad etc launch at mouse cursor location like in DS_CENTERMOUSE with dialogs?
Is there any kind of flag I can add:

Code:
Copy      Help
run "$windows$\SysWOW64\mspaint.exe"

Or maybe even make the opened Paint window follow the mouse cursor when it is moved?

The following works to make the Edit field of my textapp completely transparent (it will keep on receiving text input when typing). However the application window itself becomes inaccessible (cannot be dragged, maximized, minimized anymore and most of the application buttons become unresponsive). Also the mouse pointer is changed to a text cursor and clicking in the application causes it to minimize:

Macro transparent2
Code:
Copy      Help
int w=win("textapp" "*.Window.*")
act w
Transparent(win("textapp") 255 0xFFFFFF)

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
int hwnd
run "$system$\notepad.exe" "" "" "" 0x800 win("" "Notepad") hwnd
POINT p; xm(p) ;;get mouse position into p.x and p.y
,mov p.x p.y hwnd
Thank you Kevin, works a treat!!

Gintaras, do you have any suggestions for my #2 transparency issue?

Thanks.
if you still want to do mouse actions 
dont use a color
int w=win("" "Notepad")
Transparent(w -100)

i put number as negative so can toggle it back to normal if run again
Thanks Kevin, but I already have a similar script. But this is not actual transparency it's a kind of translucency:
Code:
Copy      Help
int w=win("Notepad")
act w
err
Transparent(win() 150)
err

I can set Transparency in a C# application while maintaining all functionality of the window although approaching another application is not the same as setting it in the application itself.
But why is functionality of the window lost when approaching it this way setting real transparency with QM?