Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
phpBB Issues
I was informed of a couple private messages, but on checking, found my Inbox empty. On experimenting i found that deleting a message from your Outbox deletes it from the recipients Inbox also! Yet theres no indication of this there, unless you read the phpbb users guide. So if u want your messages to be received dont delete them from your Outbox... (Oh if only phpbb could forward my messages directly to my email...) :wink: :roll: :?

Quote:What is phpBB? phpBB is a high powered, fully scalable, and highly customisable open-source bulletin board package. - phpBB web site

What is PHP?
"Personal HomePage Tools" - webreference.com - Intro to php; "PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor" - webopedia.com

PHP stands for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor. This confuses many people because the first word of the acronym is the acronym. This type of acronym is called a recursive acronym. The curious can visit Free On-Line Dictionary of Computing FOLDOC for more information on recursive acronyms. - php home page

Recursive Acronym: <convention> A hackish (and especially MIT) tradition is to choose acronyms and abbreviations that refer humorously to themselves or to other acronyms or abbreviations. The classic examples were two MIT editors called EINE (EINE Is Not Emacs) and ZWEI (ZWEI Was EINE Initially). More recently, there is a Scheme compiler called LIAR (Liar Imitates Apply Recursively), and GNU stands for GNU's Not Unix! - and a company with the name CYGNUS, which expands to Cygnus, Your GNU Support. See also mung.
[Jargon File] (1995-04-28) - FOLDOC: Free Online dictionary of computing

Other links: webmonkey.com - php tutorial; php manual by PHP Documentation Group