Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QM Program Error
Hello not sure if this is the right place to ask but i'm here now so i will Smile
I have QM 2.1.6 and i just updated to Windows XP SP2 and now when i start QM i get an error box popping up saying

QM command line error
...File\Quick Macros 2\qm.exe

when i click ok on that box it goes away and QM works just fine but what is making that box come up now and how can i stop it? i hope i have explained it well enough and hope someone can help..
Thanks Big Grin
Is it only when QM runs automatically at Windows startup? How when you run it directly (double click c:\program files\quick macros 2\qm.exe), or using a shortcut?

If only at startup, what shows this macro in the output?

Code:
Copy      Help
str s
rget s "Quick Macros" "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
out s
its when i start the QM program from any where i have started it from Start,,All programs..and from a shortcut on desktop they both start with that error box now it never used to pop up before the XP SP2 update.its no big hassel because QM still works fine after i click ok on the error box i was just wondering why its started to pop up now and if i can get rid of it....
Please right click one of these shortcuts and select Properties. What is in the Target field?
this is in the target..

"C:\Program Files\Quick Macros 2\qm.exe"
Like QM would be corrupted. Try to reinstall QM. If it does not help, try to replace the target field to

C:\Progra~1\QuickM~1\qm.exe
Thanks for ya help i tried installing QM again and that error box still pops up so i tried to replace the target line with what u said but it won't let me change it, it goes back to.....

"C:\Program Files\Quick Macros 2\qm.exe" v

soon as i apply it but as u can see there is an V at the end of the target now that wasn't there before i did the install..
thanks for your help anyway i'll just have to get used to clicking ok on the error box..lol.. it doesn't seem to mess up the QM program everything works great on it ..if you work somthing out that might work let me know..Smile
Ok.

You can install QM 2.1.8. It displays command line errors in the output pane, not in message box.
newest version:
QM command line error:

i made a new macro without any code and created a shortcut on desktop,
pdf does not show an error.
but jpg or rar throws the error.

it seems that a lot of file extensions are rejected by qm.
how to fix?

win 7 64bit
pi
how pdf, jpg etc are related to QM? What is the command line?
Gintaras Wrote:how pdf, jpg etc are related to QM? What is the command line?

when i drop files on the shortcut qm shows the error.
the weird thing is that when dropping pdf and zip there is no error,
but with jpg and many other extensions.

i have not touched the commandline for the macro shortcut.
"C:\Program Files\Quick Macros 2\qmcl.exe" M "Macro11"
pi
Look in QM help, command line. M "macro" "data". On drop, file path is data. If path is without spaces, Explorer does not add "", and then it is wrong QM command line (M "macro" data).

In command line use C or A.

"C:\Program Files\Quick Macros 2\qmcl.exe" M "Macro11" A 1

Macro Macro11
Code:
Copy      Help
function !isShortcut $path
out path
thanks.
pi